What sets our district apart is the priority we place on developing a tradition of excellence for educating the whole child with a purposeful focus on social and emotional wellness.
- Dr. Dana Bashara | Superintendent
Geographically, AHISD is one of the smallest school districts in the state, covering only 9.4 miles. The district serves students from the communities of Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills, Olmos Park, and a portion of North San Antonio.
- Highest SAT and ACT Scores for the class of 2021
- Highest number of students enrolled in college-level advanced placement coursework at AHHS with 659 students in the 2020-2021 school year, up from 487 students just 5 years ago resulting in the highest numbers of students earning college credit
- Connor Foote, Senior at AHHS, awarded the Dan Cook Athlete of the Year Award and the National USA Today High School Sports Award for Swimming
- Girls Golf 2021 Championship State Title
- Cheer Team National Championship Title
- JROTC Drill and Color Guard National Championship Title
- State Accolades for Cheer, Spurs, Cross Country, Swimming and Diving, and Tennis
- Bryan Stanton, Theatre Director, was awarded the 2022 Texas Thespians Trailblazer
- Chris Smith and Samantha Ritchie, AHHS Trainers, earned the National First Team Safe Sports School Trainers Recognition
- Collin Lang, Rocketry Teacher, was named a Presidential Scholars Distinguished Teacher
- Erik Cavazos was awarded the Texas Orchestra Directors Association Texas Young Educator Award of the Year
- Erika Guerrero and Bryan Stanton, Unified Theater Teachers, were awarded the Texas Bright Light Award from the Learning Disabilities Association of Texas
- Larry Oxford was named the UIL Texas Tennis Coach of the Year
- Lisa Barry, fifth-grade teacher at Woodridge, became a state finalist for Texas Teacher of the Year, as one of the top three elementary teachers in the State
- Norm Collins was named the UIL Texas Swimming and Diving Coach of the Year
- Alamo Heights High School Wind Ensemble, National Winner in the Mark of Excellence/National Wind Band Honors Project: The group was selected out of 236 of the finest musical ensembles from 38 states in the nation.
- American Chemical Society, awarded our students the title of 2021 US National Chemistry Olympiad Finalists
- Heights Business Incubator Program has promoted two teams to compete at the National Level in 2020 and 2021 and the 2021 FYDER Team won the national contest, earning $10,000 in funding to continue their endeavors with their 3D printing filament.
- Robotics Team took State Honors
- Science Olympiad teams took top State Honors at the AHJS and AHHS
- Approval of the Tax Rate Election in the Fall of 2021
- Completion of the 2017 Bond Construction with the completion of the Harry B. Orem Stadium, Muledome, the Natatorium, the new High School practice field, and Woodridge Fine Arts Complex